Saturday, December 27, 2008

There is a light.

I am in a funk.

Occasionally I experience a 3-4 day span of nonsense. I literally cry at everything, I am easily disappointed, and I am more sensitive than ever (which is hard to top since I am excessively sensitive).

So here I am basking in my "blah-ness" and it's making me even more miserable. It's just weird how this happens. I am usually happy and I am in a good mood. Heck, I will even say I am the person people call when they need a little cheering up. There is always a bright side and a light at the end of the tunnel.

To cheer myself up I am making a list of things and people that make me happy (this really is in not particular order, just what pops off in my head):
-The kindness of strangers
-Smiles from children
-Baby Deanzo kisses
-Random text messages
-Angela, for sharing Cheesecake with me.
-Ridiculous jewelry (note my cupcake earrings)
-Pop music
-Scandalous stories from my friends as well as my own ridiculousness
-Kristi's cookies baking
-Cherice's competitive edge
-Tammie's dance with her pointer fingers and her eyebrows
-Christiney's laugh
-Gen's "Canadian" pronunciation of certain words
-5'9" and DD and higher club
-Pack in the WAC, bitch
-Laughing so hard that I snort
-My mom's crazy responses to everything
-The song, Imagine
-Black and White photography
-Random people's blogs
-Ali's way of makin' everything so "freaky, freaky fresh."
-My little sister, Barbie, who knows me too well and would call me a pathetic turd, right about now.
-Pop Rocks!
-McDonald's Coca-Cola
-Starbucks, the entire menu (excluding frappucinos)
- Britney Spears and *NSync
-My flat iron
-Eye liner, preferably soft black.
-Hard covered books
-PostSecret
-Sweet kisses
-New toothbrushes
-The lights on the Strip, I may hate venturing down there, but I love driving the strip and engaging in deep conversation or listening to music.
-The Hoover Dam, it's massiveness puts things in to perspective for me
-My UNR days from theatre to the dorms to the nonsense that was created there; those were my favorite days
-Casey's fart sound he makes randomly and always at the most inappropriate times
-Joel's creative ability
-Writing, I don't think I am very good at it, but people tend to respond and love it.
-My mind, if only 10 of you really knew the chaos it possessed.
-Robby's version of "Piano Man."
-Maggie's love of Fisting (I don't understand why that joke hasn't died)
-Crayola markers, the scented ones (the black one smells like roasted marshmallow).
-Pretty sunsets
-Sunroofs on cars
-Taking photos (I do have that pretty face after all).
-The nickname's I give my lovers and my roommates lovers.
-Finding something worthwhile on TV (it rarely happens, but when it does it is a gem).
-Calling Thanksgiving T-GIVE.
-Sidebar and Segue.

This is like a list of my raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, yada-yada. It makes me feel better. I have amazing people in my life and I am truly blessed.

Every once in a while I need to slow down, breakdown, and process. Reassess and figure out what I want and what I need, make a plan, take action. Good things are coming... I know it, I can feel it.

No comments: