Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Emotions, Men, Relationshits, and Opinions.

I get so emotional baby.

Let me elaborate: Emotions are a many splendid thing. I experience a wide range of them. Kristi explains it the best when she says, "Jessiwhore, you are moody, but not like crazy like you just experience a wide range of moods." It's true. I am the most empathetic mother fucker there ever was. You cry, I cry. Don't even pop in "The Notebook" or "Titanic;" I alone could sink the Titanic with my tears. I think my love of psychology stems from my broad emotional range. Remember that commercial with the guy who cries when the puppies cry? That's me.

In regards to my friends, I don't fuck around. When I say we are thick, we are thick. My family is a mess (whose isn't and I don't feel like broadcasting that nonsense for the world to read, I am saving it for my tell all book), my friends are my extended family. When I love you, I love you for life. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I can look back and think negatively about people, persons, or situations, but I choose not to. Its life and you learn, constantly. Twice as much, focusing and harboring negative energy makes you a sad sack.

I don't know what it is with men lately, but it seems like EVERY SINGLE ONE of my lady friends is dealing with some sort of male-malarkey. It drives me mad and yet it entertains me ever so much. Relationships (or as I affectionately call the, realtionshits) are complicated. No question about it and no sense in arguing it. You take two people with their own sets of opinions, ideas, and life experiences, then you mesh them together and viola, potential for hot mess.

However, in my 27 and a ¼ year of life, I have had some encounters with the male species. I don't claim to be an expert, but people tend to talk to me about "relationship" issues because I tell it like it is. I enjoy bullshit, don't get me wrong, but when I see a RED FLAG I will let you know. It's just how I roll. I am fierce.

The matter of heart and mind are also complicated. Our heads tell us one thing, yet our hearts give us a completely different signal. They conflict and we are plagued with inner turmoil. My philosophy in this area is simple. It is simply the best advice and works for every situation. "Don't compromise who you are." If something doesn't sit well with you, research why and figure it out. We humans are animals and our animal tendencies will get the best of us (I know mine do, but I am also a fan of complication).

When you have to change who you are, you have an issue. You train people how to treat you. So, if you let your other half hit you per se (and you eventually forgive him/her), you have trained them that it is okay for them to hit you because you forgave them. When you tweak who you are to suit someone else's needs, you fundamentally lose who you are. What happens when you break up? You forget who you are and you feel lost and confused. It is so bogus. Now, I am not saying anything about compromising as a whole. For example, if your man loves sports (which like 75% of them do) you got to roll with the punches and go to that NFL game in San Diego when the Chargers play the Cowboys, it's the only way you'll get him to take you to see, "Hairspray." You work that small shit out and you know, he may end up with his buddies watching that game and you and your ladies will go and catch that show and toss back a martini or two.

I am talking about when you start changing who you are… Your friends will be the first to let you know. I've also learned that if your friends don't like your partner, there are going to be huge issues. Your friends are the people you CHOOSE to associate with. When your friends are having conflicts with your partner, I guarantee you are, too, if you don't see it you are probably floating on DENIAL (leave my lame psychology pun alone).

I don't even recommend getting in to a relationship until you know who you are, which happens in your late 20s for most people. But that is a whole other subject that I will drone on about later.Twice as much I am a stubborn ass. Right now I don't want all that fluff or at least I haven't found someone who's fluff I can tolerate. Someday it will happen, until then I am not going to worry about it nor am I going on the hunt to look for it. What, 50% of marriages end in divorce (personally, I love being a statistic, makes me part of the norm).

This rant has gone off track, I really don't know what point I was trying to make or it's intended direction, but here it is. I just have opinions that seem to work for me. I've been around the block several times and have switched neighborhoods; so sometimes I know a thing or thirty.

Basically, my friends are having "dude" issues, which is something I steer far from. I have my own slew of emotional "hang ups" and why I can't even fathom coupling myself off (I am in the course of making myself legally "single" again).

Okay, I am going to end this because at this point, I am just rambling. My boss would interject with a lovely line of, "keep your responses to me at a 12 word maximum" or "it is a simple, yes or no, answer." Which would inevitably hurt my feelings and I'd cry. Then I'd be back to exactly what started this whole nonsense started.

No comments: