Monday, March 30, 2009

The SWEETEST thing!

There are very few moments in my life that leave me completely gobsmacked and utterly speechless. This is one of them. One of my best friends wrote this sincere and heartfelt blog about me. It made me cry (while I was at work, mind you). I love you, Cherice... I mean, ANAL.


Dear Jessica,

I can remember one of the first times I met you, it wasn’t in the band room, it was actually in the auditorium at Cashman Jr. High where we both were Commancharos! Go Yellow and Red! You were this tall crazy outspoken girl playing basketball and I was a delicate cheerleader with a bad perm. I would cheer for you chanting “we want a basket…” well, all 50 of us. Later in high school you went to Bonanza and I went to the best high school ever, Clark. We were separated and torn apart from the hip. Like fate you and I were embracing once again at the Half Time Show Review in our ugly band uniforms. I remember sitting in the bleachers next to Tammie and I heard my name being screeched. As I looked down you were jumping up and down in your poop outfit, clarinet in hand! I almost tripped over 20 people to get that hug that I had been waiting for years. (Do you remember that?). God those were the days. Then, like a criminal you were torn away from me once again and sent to crazy camp. It wasn’t until we were adults that we reconnected. You found me on MySpace and before we knew it we were trying to come up with excuses to leave Melinda the Magnificent and all her dragon slayer friends. And there is where Lauren Slappy was born! I know you have that picture we took together, find it and send it to me please! Since then we have grown to be so close.

As loud as you are, as graphic and unfiltered as you are, you mean more than I can express. I accept you for you. I don’t care if your “Vegas Famous”, or your situation with MM, or your half organs, I love you! You are intelligent, beautiful, dedicated, inspirational, confident, real, and many more adjectives that I can’t think of. I think what I love the most about you is you always know what to say to me when things are looking bad! I tend to do things based on emotion and you talk me out of potential disasters. You’ve been through a lot so you know what to say. You’re not afraid to be vulnerable!

J- jokester
E- excellent listener
S- sassy
S- sexy
I- irresistible
C- chaotic
A- ace

I love you. If I could redo my wedding party, and I would, I would have you standing up there next to me and Tammie. Don’t worry, we will renew our vows and you will be there!

(THIS IS THE ABOVE MENTION PICTURE - We make DRAGON SLAYIN' look good!)


1 comment:

Cher said...

Everything I said was the truth. You are great and amazing! I've never met anyone like you, and I mean it. Thank you for always being there!