Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm going to Church.

For awhile it feels like something has been missing in my life...

I am not too sure what "it" is, so I am going to evaluate my options and get back to me. To find that missing link in my life. Starting right now. I am going to Church tomorrow and I am thrilled. I was raised Catholic and can do that whole song and dance, but it never felt right. I am not sure religion of any denomination will feel right. I think I need a way to reconnect with God, but not necessarily the Bible's version of him. I miss that spiritual connection I had.

I miss praying. Even though my prayers were never really sort of request, more like me thanking God for a new day and asking him what's up. I used to talk to God every day on the way to class at UNLV. I never knew if He/She was listening, it all seems a little far-fetched, but man, it made me feel good.

It felt good because all those thoughts, those insecurities, it felt good to give them up, to let them be known out in the open, to be heard, to admit them out loud... even if they were to no one.

So, Jesus may or may not be the answer, but I am going to find every possible avenue for righteousness for myself. I going to start getting back to me. Living my life, I know no one will do it for me. I am looking forward to peace of mind, body, and soul.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. I am approaching it with an open mind an open heart.

No comments: