Monday, March 23, 2009

I hold 'em at attenion, cause new Jessica's on a mission.

All of my life I have been a people pleaser. More concerned with others than myself... but that has ended. If you say something shitty and crappy, I am going to tell you it's shitty and crappy. I am not feeding into anyone's bullshit or letting people buy into mine.

I have never been one to hold my tongue, but the days of me being concerned with people's feelings about my REAL opinions are over. I am letting it all out. I can't for the life of me keep doing what I have been doing. It's not healthy and I am not happy.

This is me. I live in my skin at the end of the day. I don't want to be "coulda, woulda, shoulda" anymore. I am weeding people out of my life.

So, if I am telling you now that I want you in it (my life) and you don't show the same respect to me, you will soon be gone. Yes, I have a wide network of friends and I know a lot of people, acquaintances are fine and dandy, but the term "friend" isn't going to be used so loosely nowadays. I have a lot of acquaintances and I know a lot of people and I can easily distract myself with any random person... meeting new people isn't hard for me to do. From what I am told (and her goes my ego again) people gravitate to me and it's a true assessment. I am very much a people person (duh, I like to please people, it's plain and simple).

The term "friend" in my book now comes with expectations and requirements. As crappy as it sounds, it really is "shape up or ship out." I am a hot commodity and my time (just like my words) is one of the only things in life I truly own and can be held accountable for. So, don't blow it.

There are some people that I have let slip away, trust me, it's a conscience choice. I am better off without you. Some people will be harder to let go than others, but this about me and right action for me. Not anyone else.

There are people who care about me so much and it's not fair to them or myself to kind of lead people on. I am not going to spread myself too thin. I am going to invest in the people I feel are worth my time, energy, words, and devotion.

This about me. Me, me, me and I want it that way...

3 comments:

nosugrstilswt08 said...

SO does this mean I get EXTRA FISTING or NONE at all? LOL.

m2theRtay said...

i WANT you in my life.. but its hard to tell you over the internet cause i dont have a computer... i am just a computer moocher.... so... i guess i will just TEXT u. lol. <3

Cher said...

AMEN to that Jessica, and I'm glad that at the end of the day I can say that I have you as a friend! You have totally been there for me and stepped up your game, I think this calls for a blog only about you! I love you. Let's round up the band nerds and start a wedding band!