Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Belonging.

All my life, as far back as I can remember, I have always felt out of place. Like I don't belong where I am. As I get older, I still feel like the odd man out. I participate in life, I have friends that I love, and I there are things that make me happy, but I still feel awkward, like I don't belong.

I am not tied down to anyone or anything. All I want to do is run far, far away. I want out of my skin, I want out of my body. I want to start over. I want a new life. I want to be so much more than I am. More than I have ever dreamed of becoming.

I hate going out in town and running into people I know. I just want to be. I want to blend in with the masses instead of being a sideshow freak. I always feel like I am a musical monkey here for everyone else's entertainment.

Maybe I haven't defined myself well enough for me. Maybe defining myself is impossible. Maybe, I will always be restless and not content. I know that whatever this is that I am in now, isn't working. I'm far too idle and I am losing my mind.

All I want to do is cry, smash things, and scream. I don't know what I am doing or where I am going. It's scary. Who am I? How does this all exist? How do I change this? Where do I go from here? Where is my happy? When will I find what I am looking for? When will I fit? Where do I belong?

2 comments:

jhenny said...

in my own opinion you have to love your self first.need to have a confident to face life.....

Annah said...

Well at least you've started writing things down because that's the best way to get your feelings out. Or at least it is in my case.