Saturday, June 12, 2010

Put your money where your mouth is.

After months and months, fuck it, (who am I kidding) YEARS of hearing and people urging me to, I've FINALLY decided to focus on writing. It's really the only thing that makes me happy. It's something I enjoy, it's challenging, there's a constant change in what I am developing (even this little ditty isn't like the piece before or after it). I don't have a publisher or an editor or a title or any of those other random questions I may be asked. Things will fall into place when the time is right.

Although I am not the greatest writer, I don't think I am awful either. I hope to improve with each and every story I share. AS with anything I pursue, my strongest hope is for this journey to morph me into an even better Jessica. I am constantly evolving. We all are. It's part of the human process.

In closing, I am throwing a shout out to Chelsea Handler. Chelsea, you need to shift it! There's a new mistress of words gunning for your job. And who might that be, prey tell? Oh, that would be me. And I always get what I want.

Now, that I've walked the walk, it's time for me to talk the talk. Time to write!

<3

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

let's write an awesome book together! like the bitches who wrote the nanny diaries