Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Embracing my lame-aucity.


Over the weekend, I had a dinner date with some friends that have commented on the fact that I have become REALLY lame lately. I even left this dinner party at 9:30 PM (and I didn't have to work until 8 AM at Starbucks - in the old days, I could stay out until 1 AM -- 6 hours of sleep would suffice).

My new found lameness was based on 4 main points:

1. I don't smoke anymore.
2. I don't drink anymore (my birthday being the exception and furthering my justifications for my own personal prohibition).
3. I don't dance anymore (no clubs, but I do want to check out this Mixx Lounge everyone keeps telling me about).
4. I am in bed by 11 PM every night.

After careful evaluation, I have decided to embrace this lameness.

Smoking is not and never will be good for me or anyone for that matter, I do think about it fondly and am at times desperate to take a drag, but don't for fear of starting again.

Drinking turns me into a bigger, dumber whore than I already am.Who feels GREAT after a night of debaucherous intoxication? I know I don't and my birthday took 3 days of RECOVERY.

I still do dance, but I just don't like crowded, loud, smoke-filled clubs and annoying freshly turned 21 year old drama, I am too old for that shit.

As far as me passing out ridiculously early, I work 2 jobs (TWO!) and I am school. Also, nine times out of ten, I only have ONE DAY OFF a week and I would rather not spend my ONLY FREE time, getting all dolled up and excessively inebriated to spend my ONE DAY OFF recovering from a hang over, inevitability wishing death upon myself for my foolish antics the previous night.

I usually have a "TO DO" list on my one day of freedom, which regularly involves domestic duties: laundry, shopping, cleaning, homework, and whatnot, which we all know I detest; someone find me a wife that will do that shit for me, it'd be much appreciated.

So, some may say lame, but I say, grown the fuck up. (Yes, saying "fuck" was completely immature and I embrace that, too.)

No comments: